2012年5月1日 星期二

Yahoo! News - Latest News & Headlines: Katie's Take: The bad news about 'healthy' chips

Yahoo! News - Latest News & Headlines
The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Katie's Take: The bad news about 'healthy' chips
Apr 30th 2012, 19:24

Katie's Take

Welcome to my new digital series!  I promise I won't do the Yahoo! yodel for you, but I would really like to because I'm excited about this opportunity.  It's a chance for me to explore some of the questions about health, medicine and parenting that I find intriguing, or are trending topics worth a few minutes of our time.

There's so much information out there online and in magazines, so many studies, opinions and conversations.  I want to help you (and me!) sort through it and maybe arrive at a more informed conclusion together.

Whether it's a serious subject like talking to your gynecologist or something fun like how to wear chunky jewelry without looking like Mrs. Roper from Three's Company (I just dated myself there, but I think it's on TV Land), they're the kinds of topics a lot of us are talking about.

For example, I was simply curious about all these new veggie chips I've been seeing on the shelves at the grocery store.  I've bought a bunch of them, I'm not going to lie.  Sweet potato, kale, black bean, falafel…they all sound healthy but are they any better or worse than a regular potato chip?  I headed to the store with Marjorie Nolan, a nutritionist from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, to get her take.  You may be surprised at what I learned along the way!

Take a look at the video and let me know what you think.  You can tweet me…I'm @katiecouric.  I want your feedback, and I'd also love your questions and ideas for episodes.  What would you like to know about health, medicine, parenting, relationships or the way we live today?

This is my take, and now I'm waiting for yours!

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

沒有留言:

張貼留言